SailNet Community - View Single Post - Star Log and Depth Instrument
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
You might try the link again, Tortugas. It worked for me and the pdf displayed is the same as my owner's manual, which I think you'll find less than illuminating when it comes to trouble-shooting.

It sounds to me though that you're not getting input from either your transducer or your paddlewheel; you should have both for depth and log functions. I would check the wiring, paying particular attention to the ground wire (green) to ensure there are no breaks in it.

I understand your frustration and, if it is any consolation, this is the first I've heard of Silva (whoever they are!) being involved with the instruments. I was never able in the past to find any support of them from ComNav or Nexus either and it appears that they were a short-lived product sold exclusively through West Marine and beyond that knowledge there is a wide chasm of information I'm lacking, other than that I own one and it's still working.