SailNet Community - View Single Post - Replacing Headliner
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
"IF" you end up painting the interior, there is some paint made for the bottom of the hull, ie bilge area's, this might be a better option than exterior paint! You may not have the color options, but it might be a better paint to use, or use a hull paint vs what I am assuming to be typical house style exterior paint. If I am wrong on the type of exterior paint you are thinking of using, oh well! life goes on.

Or do a slight resurface of the hull with new gel coat to smooth it out, then paint with appropriate paint too.

Yes, the work I did to my boat took awhile. The rear took about 20-30 hrs, the head 15-20, main cabin headliner 15 or so, and the front V berth 20-30 too, but that was the first place I fixed, and learned the hard way on some of the things I had to deal with. A bunch of hours needless to say, but I do get a lot of compliments on it, so I am happy with my time spent etc. For your boat it may not be worth it, but for a larger boat in the mid 20 on up range, it could/would be depending upon the boat and model type etc.

marty