SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are these reasonable Haul out fees?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009
S/V Sabbatical

Snboard976 is on a distinguished road
At the end of 2008 I paid $10.45/ft for a short haul plus 3.55/ft for the power washing. It was on the north shore of L.I. I felt like I was being robbed, then I found out the cost of winter storage.

I would expect you to have to pay some type of fee for the paint. If you used their paint that fee is built in to them overcharging you for crap paint.

The hazardous waste fee seems funny because you won't actually have any hazardous waste if they do a good job painting. You can offer to dispose of the empty paint cans, trays and brushes yourself. Their is probably a much cheaper way to dispose of that stuff and it would be funny to hear their response when you offered to do this.

I wonder what they charge for a week or a month of storage on the hard during the summer.

4.37/ ft for power washing seems steep. I would shop around. I found a 100% difference in winter storage prices within a 15 mile radius so they aren't all the same even though they are all overpriced. Some yards will let you paint which will save you some money and give you the confidence that a proper prep and paint job has been done, but they are few and far between.
s/v Sabbatical Pearson 365 Hull #32

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook