SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are these reasonable Haul out fees?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009
Siren 17

danjarch will become famous soon enough
Couple of questions. Why do you have to haul it for a survey. Why do you have to have a survey right now. Why not fix the engine first. Also the marina sounds like one that going to get you ten ways from sunday. I don't know if you asked or not but does the $144 cover the trip back in or is it $144 each way.

I would call around and check the other yards and prices. I'm willing to bet you can find a better deal. That $50 for paint you bring is shady in the worst way and if your paying $3 per foot per day then you should be in the work space and that should include the waste disposal. I could see requiring a deposit to make sure you don't leave waste behind but requiring a flat fee sounds funky.

Even if the engine isn't running you can tow the boat somewhere else, but unless you have a really compelling reason to haul before you fix the engine, I would pick that first.
!! WARNING !! The above information is to be used by intelligent people only. If you are Stupid, could be considered a moron, or otherwise. You are instructed to disregard this information and seek the help of a licensed and bonded professional.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook