SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are these reasonable Haul out fees?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009
Andrew D

dangerdrew is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the responses everyone, greatly appreciated.

We need the survey to get the insurance which is required by marina (in the next couple of weeks.) I called and asked and the insurance does require a haul out for the survey. We figure since we're going to have to pony up for the haul out, we may as well get the bottom painted (it's been a few years). My buddy did the calling, and he didn't catch if the $144 was one way or both. I think I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they give me the same numbers.

We're currently working on the engine (we think a water pump will do the trick), but i'm a little wary to fire it up without checking the propeller and all that first (haul out makes that pretty easy too.)

I think the "master plan" is to get it out and do the bottom paint/blisters now and any through hull fittings that need replacing (crosses fingers for none). Spend the summer working on above water items. Then in the winter haul it out and do whatever is left (I'd imagine it would be a lot cheaper). We're still new to the whole boat thing, so if we're doing something stupid, feel free to let me know, I won't be insulted. That being said, we're pretty excited to get our hands dirty and get our girl back into tip top shape.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook