SailNet Community - View Single Post - Yanmar - black smoke in exhaust
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009
<----- thinking of this

JSL3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceyp View Post
JSL3,
I have run into the same problem here in NJ. With all the rain we had in the spring the boat hung from the mooring under-used . The sun came out and I looked back to see that black exhaust cloud! I just figured it was time to don the wet suit and go for a swim. 5 minutes with the paint scraper and the problem was solved. A side note. My friend and I both being frugal, decided to test out a couple of the "urban legend" Anti foul remedies. He painted his prop with a Sharpie, I used Lanocoat. Somewhere on this site you can find someone extolling their virtues. Fugeddabout it! We will be doing manual prop cleaning every 5-6 weeks for the rest of the season. (not a big deal, really).
Bruce
I suppose my biggest problem was under use. Since the lastest cleaning I've been out 2 times (once a week basically) and all is well obviously. While the boat was out of the water two weeks ago I did try the 'urban legend' anti foul remedy of vaseline. No results yet due to the short time period.

Bruce,
When you scrape, do you just hold your breath or use other means of breathing under water?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook