SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bluewater vs Coastal...
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Thanks Smack, I have been here on and off, but also been hiding out in New Zealand with work for a bit.

I am hearing you, I guess I like the Bene's for when I am sat at anchor off a palm fringed beach with the rum and coke in hand.....but if the thing is going to lose it's friggin rudder on a sunfish on the way up the coast for example, it's going to spoil the vibe of our cruise big time. Ok sure we wouldn't die, but call me crazy If it is an issue I would prefer to buy the sturdier boat and keep the rudder attached.

I still also think that even with good accurate forecasts, using weather windows etc, there is always going to be that one time you do get caught out in bad bad weather.....I just finished reading one such account from the Pardeys that took place off the OZ east coast.

Here is OZ around Sydney alot of ports also require a bar crossing, so in bad weather it is often better to head for sea than try to cross a river bar in untenable conditions....

Maybe I am being too critical of production boats like Benes though?? Im not sure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by chall03; 07-17-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook