SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any 88' Pearson 31-2 Owners in the house?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009
Pearson 31-2 #80 ('87)

Delirious is on a distinguished road
'87 here (#80). I suppose one could live aboard indefinately; with water stops as mentioned above. Two with a mild climate (no heavy clothes and lots of time in the cockpit). I've known bachelors who live year-round aboard smaller vessels - but you'd have to keep pretty spartan tastes and few hobbies.

We use ours as a lake daysailor and it excels at that. I wouldn't hesitate to take her coastal provided the rig is well inspected. Getting on 21 years for any remaining original equipment.

On the whole she's rugged, somewhat tender but has a good motion (she does not bob, slap or root like many "European" recent 30 to 36 foot designs) and is very well laid-out for livability. Very wide side-decks reduce the cabin volume but sure make sailing and fishing at anchor a better experience. Seems to have very good ventillation and is relatively light and cheery inside. Loading her up for a live-aboard would probably make a big difference in the tenderness as she'd be squatted on her lines.

Charlie P. P31-2 #80 CATNAP

To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive - R.L. Stevenson

I suspect that, if you should go to the end of the world, you would find somebody there going farther . . . - H.D. Thoreau
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook