SailNet Community - View Single Post - Venture 17 restoration
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009

Joevacs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealover View Post
Joevacs, I hope you don't mind but I'm going to steal your idea and put some cam cleats there. Your boat looks really nice! I also like your idea for mounting the radio. I have an el-cheapo car radio that I bought and can't return -- I now know where it's going. Do you have speakers in the cabin as well? And where do you mount the FM antenna on a boat?

I got a fish finder / GPS for $150 on clearance at Gander Mountain. So I'm going to have to electrify my boat. (currently it has battery powered clip-on lights) I plan to do it using the 12V port on my portable car jump-start thing which I can easily recharge at home.
I also just put some small cam cleats on the mast for my halyards. It makes it easy to drop the sails in a hurry if needed, and my jib sheets don't get snagged anymore.
The speakers sound almost the same from the back side as the front, so they sound good in the cockpit and the cabin.( No, I don't have any other speakers) The antenna is just a white wire and it's running along the cabin top inside.
I had a fishfinder/GPS on mine but it died. I mounted it on the board that the winch is mounted to.
Macgregor, Venture 17 ,#998
Hickory, NC
Proud to be American !
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook