SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cuttyhunk and Montauk
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Just back from our trip. we were on Cuttyhunk a week ago Monday. (Montauk-Defender store in CT-Block-Cuttyhunk-Martha's Vinyard-Block-Montauk) Cuttyhunk was a lot of fun and easily explored by walking. The fuel dock has water. I understand it's well water that tastes excellent. Note that you can't fuel or get water there when the ferry is approaching of there. And it's also where the locals jump into the water for a swim -- jumped a couple of times myself. There's a sign that says "no swimming when the ferry is present".

Plenty of room that I saw. Every mooring didn't get taken. It's first-come, first-served, so if you are worried, leave early to arrive early.

There is one store of about 200 square feet in size. It was a pricy, but considering they have to ferry everything in and manually unload at the dock (no car ferry), it's probably about right. There's ice cream and lobsters for sale right next to the dinghy dock. They sell the lobsters (cooked or uncooked) in the afternoon, because they are out getting them in the morning. It's a lovely island that some of my kids wanted to explore for a week.

Take you dinghy to the west side of the harbor and over the small dune to see the sun set. Also, the hike to the highest point is a good walk, with a 360 degree view.

Joesaila - next time we'll have to

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .
. .
. .
. .

Last edited by Bene505; 07-22-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook