SailNet Community - View Single Post - Morgan Heritage 1 Ton ?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009

Windborn is on a distinguished road
Heritage 1 Tons just keep on ticking....

Sorry to pull up an old thread,but I just happened across it by chance. Silmaril was referring to our boat when he mentioned the one in St John - we keep her moored in Coral Harbor in the VI.

We bought her, demasted, back in 2005 and have spent the last few years refitting and updating the boat. We repaired the stick and replaced the rigging, plumbing, wiring, etc. Now she's set up for easy single / double handing, and is a ball to sail around the islands.

My understanding is that Charlie built 20 some hulls before the Clearwater factory burned down. In researching the boat, I've come across a number of Heritage 1 Tons that are still being sailed and raced. Here's list of boats that I put together back when I was researching to make the buy decision on our boat:

Adventuress - PA
Captain Marvel - Charleston, NC
Dandelion - St Joeseph, MI
Distand Drummer - ?
Dueces Wild - ?
Fiji Warrior - ?
FreighTrain - Seattle, WA
Goldfish - Chesapeake Bay
Grand Cru - Shelburne, VT
Hawke of Tuonela - Opua, NZ
MonkeyFace - Detroit, MI
PowderHound - Erie Yacht Club, PA
Prospector - Seattle, WA
Red Red Wine - St Petersburg, FL
Ruffian - Jacksonville, FL
Samari - Gulf Port, MS
Savage Spirit - Port Angeles, WA
SeaGull - Fort Meyers, FL
Silmaril - Branford, CT
Slot Machine - Racine WI
Station Break - Erie Yacht Club, PA
Windborn - St John, USVI

Some of these boats may have been re-named over the years, and therefore double-counted. It would be interesting to get a group of owners together to share war stories. I'd be happy to share what I've learned with anyone that's looking for info on these boats.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook