SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1. Dufour 27 2. How do you know how much a boat is worth?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009
first sailed january 2008

northoceanbeach is on a distinguished road
Cool 1. Dufour 27 2. How do you know how much a boat is worth?

Two questions here I thought I would put them together. They are the same thing really.

I'm gearing up to buy a 27 footer and there is not the BIGgest selection here, and the prices seem all over the place. How do I know what a boat is worth? I'd like to get a good deal in this buyer's market, and have something that I can resell at the end as I intend to continue to step up to a solid 33-35 ft. bluewater, but where do I start?

For instance there were recently 3 westerly 26's for sale, and they were priced all over the place, so I looked on yachtworld, and there too they were anywhere from a couple thousand to in the 20's, but the boats in the 20's didn't look any better than the ones in the teens.

Same with Cal 20's, I'm not looking for a Cal 20, I already had one, but they are asking 2000-4500 for boats that look the same.

Also, so far I like this dufour best. Good for coastal cruising with some bluewater potential, and it's not too expensive, asking 12k, but I would offer less. What do you think of this boat from what you can see of the pictures and from any previous dufour information you have. Thanks for the help. Here's a link to the photo's of the dufour.

Flickr: northoceanbeach's Photostream
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook