SailNet Community - View Single Post - C400 Association and List
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009

captron400 is on a distinguished road
C400 Association and List

Hi -

My name is Ron Marcuse, former owner of #74 "Good Vibrations". I started the C400 Association about 13 years ago and was the commodore for 9 or 10 of them. I put a lot of work into it and I'd like to see it return to it's former status (glory?). It's been somewhat stagnant for the last 2 to 3 years. I've spoken to the new Commodore, Frank Falcone (he recently took it over) and the current treasurer - they both agree. I'd like to make the following suggestions to all of the owners -

1) Get everyone together on one forum. I think Yahoo has the most users, so that's probably the best bet for a start. This one hasn't had a post in 7 months. Eventually have the association sponsor a dedicated C400 forum and web site with member sections, documentation, compilations of tech artcles, etc.

2) Someone has to write some material for Mainsheet. Most of the issues do not even have a C400 section anymore. Are Thom and Doug still the editors?

3) Get the association to start doing things for it's members again. Besides Mainsheet: - The Boat/US affiliation seems to have vanished with it's savings on memberships. There have been no group purchases of anything - hats, t-shirts, canvas bags, boat equipment and hardware, scale models and half-hulls of the boats, etc. The association had also been in a position to watch out for problems which would effect the boats and owners - and to stand up for them. Anyone remember the Westerbeke installation fiasco which damaged maybe half of the motors? Absolutely nothing was wrong with the engines themselves - anything would have failed under those circumstances (over 10 psi of exhaust back-pressure, etc.). Guess who determined what the problem was and then got the word out? (hint - it wasn't Westerbeke or Catalina).

I don't have the boat any longer, but I'd be happy to help out the officers to get this back to the way it was.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook