SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dockominium?
Thread: Dockominium?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009

GrampianCT is on a distinguished road
"Use of the Dock Prior to Dock / Ramp Replacement: Upon purchase of the dock, Buyer shall be able to use his portion of the dock for the remainder of the 2009 boating season until the new replacement dock / ramp is installed, subject to the following:

• Buyer shall provide (marina) with proof of liability insurance covering the dock; and

• Buyer / Seller (subject to the approval of --marina--) shall install a temporary ramp that Buyer can use to access his dock until the new replacement ramp is constructed.

If this was an active association, which it is presently not, each owner would get a vote equal to what they own(I believe). --The Marina-- always has the largest interest and voting rights (see condo docs)."

How scary does that sound to you? I'm not sure being the only condo owner in a marina is a smart move if so much power is on that side of the equation...physical repairs are in the 40k range half ostensibly payable by the marina 'when they decide to.' I am taking my coffee cup tour tomorrow..

I'm losing my gusto, but I will be reducing the offer by 1/2 of the estimate for rebuilding the dock...