SailNet Community - View Single Post - Preparing to go full time cruising - Shameless plug
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesail99 View Post
Best wishes and where are your first ports of call? Where do you plan on cruising? Your stuff will sell let's have some fun and discuss where you plan on cruising. This is really great news.
In your fashion (and always enjoyed your posts), I am going to start south. Living in the area, there is quite abit south towards Olympia that deserves as much attention as the San Juans. For instance last years jaunt to Gig Harbor. A fascinating time.

There are a myriad of areas that just side notes, and with generator at hand - to be able to document and maybe dispell for other sailors the myths of why you should go or not - well that would just be useful. Especially down south. Most of us PNW sailors venture to Ludlow, Townsend, Deception Pass and other areas on the way - but there are gems hidden all over. I hope in my adventures to uncover them whether it is a full out moorage or count your marks out anchoring.

Coupled with I'll have my bassett to attend to - may make it all interesting. For instance, Port Townsend for all the glory it gets - who wants to hitch a cab ride 6-8 miles to the nearest Safeway? Things like this I will focus on as well - will have the time to do so.

It'll probably be broken up as I'd like to Charlie out before the summer ends, so Bellingham area may be a first stop. I hyave this thing about honoring committments and I worked on his boat as well.

Its all up in the air kinda, I think start down south and move slowly up North, exploring the crevices as they may be...

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook