SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bristol 28?
Thread: Bristol 28?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009

johnshasteen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
To begin with, I had not seen the 28 in photos before (frankly this looks like a 26 in the photos) but this was part of a series of comparatively rare but cool little boats. They were part of that second generation of Bristols that were designed by Halsey Herreshoff as replacement for the first generation Alberg, Alden, Hood boats. The series which included a 22/23, a 26, a 30 (not to be mistaken for the later 29.9 which I really don't especially like), the 33/34 and this boat.
Good luck, Jeff
Jeff, I've noticed over several posts that for whatever the reason(s), you "really don't especially like" the Bristol 29.9. I know you are, of course, the guru of all things sailing, but Paloma has served her crew well through more big storms and other generally unpleasant conditions offshore that 98% of the sailors on this net have ever been, or will be, through. (maybe even than you???). There have been times that I've worried about me and the crew worried about the crew, but we never worried about the boat. So. knowing what I know from hands-on experience with the B29.9 over many years, many storms and many adventures - I would be interested in knowing what you don't like about her??? And does your same opinion extend to the Bristol 27.7, 31.1 and/or 33.3???
s/v Paloma, Bristol 29.9, #141
Slipped in Bahia Marina, easy access to Corpus Christi Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.

Last edited by johnshasteen; 07-27-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook