SailNet Community - View Single Post - That Liveaboard Look...?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009

saltydawg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainForce View Post
Some people may live on their boat while others live at a marina. We've always disciplined ourselves to be able to leave the dock with all our possessions in the time that it takes for our engine to warm I'm not speaking as a person planning escape or in the witness protection program! I just want to be self reliant, independant, and ready to sail! This manner of living aboard coupled with no attempt to establish a marina as an official residence leaves a liveaboard far more options and flexability in the choice of where they are docked or moored. 'take care and joy, Aythya crew
Interesting... so share some more on how you do it? Do you have cars? Where do you get your mail? I guess the "things" we may have around the marina (hulahoops and tricycles) and things we'd gladly leave without anyhow

As an update... So far we haven't done anything on the dock... my son has managed to keep his "marina lab" on deck and I am growing to like the look and feel of a long, tidy dock as well. We had a little finger pier before, so alongside feels very roomy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook