SailNet Community - View Single Post - Delmarva Circumnavigation and the Inside Passage
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
I had a group of friends, one guy had a 25' open power boat that wanted to make the circle. They had rushed all over the Bay and were "excellent" water men or so they thought. They bought the provisions (more beer than anything else) and picked up an Exxon road map for a chart (I am not kidding). They picked a good weather window and off they went. After a late start, they left just North of Baltimore and for the first night they stopped on the C&D canal. All was well. The next night they were south of Ocean City , so they anchored out in one of the many marsh areas. When they awoke in the morning they boat was high and dry. By the time the area re-flooded they limped back to Ocean City and called for the trailer to pick them up. Evidently the bugs and sun were enough to make them call it quits. I suppose the moral of the story is not to trust an Exxon Road Map!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook