SailNet Community - View Single Post - Another liveaboard family in the making?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009
Swab

vega1860 is on a distinguished road
My wife was not 100% on board initially but I already lived on my boat. I told here this is where I live and I am going cruising, get used to it or move on

We honeymooned by signing on as crew on a square rigged sail training ship for a three week voyage from Vancouver to Kailua-Kona Hawaii. She signed on for an additional three week voyage to Fiji then served as delivery crew to bring the 70 foot traditional schooner Spike Africa to Kauai from San Diego. She was well and truly hooked after her first taste of blue water sailing.

Living aboard in a marina is a different matter.

If you want to someday go cruising, do not borrow money. None. No mortgage to buy a boat. No credit card purchases of gear. Save and pay as you go. Forget the power tools. Rent (Or better yet borrow) what you need when you need it. Sell everything and put the money away. Then when you do cast off you won't have to worry about it.

Just my opinion based on twenty years of living aboard and cruising.

Video logs

Web site link below

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook