SailNet Community - View Single Post - cruising lake ontario
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009

patrickrea is on a distinguished road
I am at Toronto Island Marina, slip C403. The bar has the best view of the city by far and the whole island complex is a giant playground for the kids. Unfortunately, with the strike on, the amusement park isn't running. Lots of paths that are easy to walk and few tourists due to the ferry strike. You can still get to the city if need be as the marina has a private tender which runs on the 1/2 hour on the weekend. Buy tickets for the tender at the marina office. There is a Sobey's Express at the city side tender connection. Short walk one way to the beer store, slightly longer the other way to the HUGE liquor store and HUGE Loblaws.

Easy as pie to get in and out of the marina. Come in the East Gap of the harbour to avoid dealing with the airport ferry and to give yourself a decently long sail from OP. Technically, you are supposed to motor through the West Gap.

At the marina, stick to the centre of any privately marked channels. In particular the channel in to the fuel dock when you go to check in. There is a nasty shoal on the east side.

I am in the C basin (round back where it's quiet), draw 5'6" and there is only one tricky spot to watch for if they assign you a slip back there. As you enter the basin, you see a collection of old docks tied to the shore on your port side, starboard you will see a steel piling in the water. Keep towards the side with the piling if you draw more than 4' 6" when you are passing those docks.

My boat is "Eclipse" and my transom (as seen in my avatar) is easily seen as you enter the C basin, at the end of the main dock on your portside when you enter. Drop by for a coffee if I am in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1978 30' Hughes Northstar 1000
1964 20' Bertram Moppie
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook