SailNet Community - View Single Post - Nassau 34
Thread: Nassau 34
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005

Irwin32 is on a distinguished road
Nassau 34

Similaril

My BUC research brought somewhat different results. The Nassua''s price range was 38,600 to 42,900. BUC adds 10-15% for a boat above standards, which, as the survey would indicate, is applicable. That brings the price from a low of 42,400 to a high of about 49,300, putting the boat pretty much in the price range I payed. The broker is going to split the sales tax with me so I actually do fall into the range.
Considering a brand new full battened main, complete canvas in very good shape, good, high quality electronics, I think the price is OK.

I guess my 1st post "bring it on" made it sound like I thought I made the deal of the century, which I wrote after some celebration last night. A little testy I agree. I did not get a super deal. I think I got a fair deal.

Going back to the Irwin, 15K on a trade in is OK when you look at the entire picture. To sell the boat myself could easily take a year, meaning money for storage, adds, etc. Broker it and I pay 10% fee for that. Say I sell it after a year at 17K through the broker. Add in his 1700 and my 1200 yard bill (having it hauled, winterized, and stored) and I am not even going to get walk away with the 15k.

From this perspective it looks like a fair deal and I don''t have to hassel with owning two boats at once. Pulling the Irwin up to the dock beside the Nassau - transferring my gear - and sailing away is worth something. The Nassau has been comissioned for the season and is sitting in the water and has already had a shake down cruise

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook