SailNet Community - View Single Post - boom vang question
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009

zAr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT1019 View Post

Where the vang is currently located appears to be correct however everything else overloading that attachment point needs to go.

Yeah, the everything else you see there are the reefing lines and outhaul. I've been googling the Isomat Autoreef system, which is the reefing system I have, and I suspect the reefing blocks should at least be on either side, not all one one side. Probably attached to the mast deckplate too, as I figure reefing loads aren't as much as vang and mainsheet loads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT1019 View Post
Mainsheet running from the outboard end of the boom, down to the traveler, back up to the outboard end of the boom, down the boom to mast base and back to a winch and stopper on the cabin top is common for high load race boats. Iím not sure yours would qualify but if you have enough line and good blocks I would keep it. Note, this setup usually requires a good crew as the helm canít adjust the main sheet from the wheel.
I definitely don't qualify as a racer. I'm going to try to singlehand this baby. If you have a suggestion for that, I'm all ears!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook