SailNet Community - View Single Post - cruising lake ontario
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009

patrickrea is on a distinguished road
C is the quietest basin (feels like being up north except for seeing the Porter planes coming in and out) but A probably has a little more depth. If your are in fact going this weekend, be advised there is live music at the outdoor bar all 3 nights but the music shuts down at 11pm.

Also be advised that the snack bar is easily overwhelmed if they get more than 3 orders at the same time. A quick plate of fries may not be that quick. I am a cook/co-owner of a restaurant and just can't figure out what the problem is. At least the coffee is mostly acceptable but not for the price. The food isn't bad, in fact breakfast can downright spectacular for a paper plate, but a little pricey. I would get your snacks elsewhere.

Another quick tip. Watch out for ugly tour boats coming out of the channel when headed back into C basin. They do a tour of Long Pond and then head out the channel. Some of them are a decent size. I usually go pretty slow in that channel. My first time going in, a small fleet of Albacores was coming out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1978 30' Hughes Northstar 1000
1964 20' Bertram Moppie
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook