SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1966 Pearson Coaster
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009

Keeslers is on a distinguished road
1966 Pearson Coaster

I am interested in your thread about the 1966 Pearson Coaster. My husband's health has not been good and although my husband loves this boat, information about a realistic selling price would be helpful. Our boat was originally a MORC racing boat out of St. Joseph, MI. I believe its name was ESCAPADE but a later owner named it ESCAPE. We purchased it in 1975 with all the sails needed for racing and cruising. It has always been stored inside. I would like my husband to sell this boat as it has been difficult for him to use the boat. I think it is one of his best friends and, of course, it has provided so many fond memories for us. It is currently housed at NORTH MUSKEGON, MI. Any wisdom concerning a realistic price for our boat would be most helpful. As the other gentleman said, the older Pearson's were built very solidly. They are slower, but for a cruiser, they handle very well in following seas. The low prices you discussed would be hard to handle. It is interesting that BUCNET said it worth twice that. Twice what??? $5,000., $6,000 or $7,500. Selling a Pearson like the COASTER is like abandoning a favorite pet. Shirley
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook