SailNet Community - View Single Post - Draft minus keel depth on Cape Dory 28?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericb View Post
"I am not sure why you feel the need to dig up old threads ..."

Hey I am new here - they are not old to me. And your posts are hard to miss - I have to wonder when you find time to work or to sail....

As far as "Capsize Screen Formula and the Motion Comfort" is concerned we are not so far apart. I said "it is widely acknowledged that they are to be taken with a grain of salt". And a LOT of respected yacht designers feel it is a useful tool.

Yes, there will always be examples that will not fall into easy classification of full keel fin keel etc. Thats life - it is human nature to want to classify/explain everything.

And just because something is in writing/taught/on the INTERNET does not automatically make it correct.

Also as just stated in another post we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Eric,

If you spend more time here you'll learn that, while not everyone agrees with every position that Jeff espouses, he is widely respected for the contribution he makes to the Sailnet community. That contribution spans many years and thousands of thoughtful, respectful posts.

By comparison you are new here with a history consisting mostly of personally criticizing a well-respected member. When you come in and precede statements such as "we are just going to have to agree to disagree" with "your posts are hard to miss - I have to wonder when you find time to work or to sail....", that is textbook passive aggressive and you are not doing yourself any favors in so far as building credibility.

If you want to join the debate here and develop credibility, my best suggestion is to focus on the subject matter and avoid personalizing it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT