SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchoring in Florida
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
NO real change actually, the former state statues 327.6 and 327.2 have been in effect since 2006. the issue was no-one took the time to enforce or defend them until the stewart ,fl case. If you follow this board you'll also see just a couple weeks ago I was given a "courtesy Notice" to move my vessel from the Daytona Beach city waters. After which I did a little research contacted the police Dept. spoke w/ the Sgt. in charge of the marine patrol and discussed the local ordinance, the state Statue and he assured me he would inform his officers of the specifics and also said that the Daytona PD is not in the bussiness of "parking Patrol" on the water and that he did not have issue w/ anchored vessels properly licenced, meeting all safety requirements.
I am happy with the response from him and thanked him for his time/help.
I believe most all reasonable people will see the merit in this approach, for those that choose not to on either side of the issue their is/are legal remedies available to pursue.
Fortunately , for myself and other who appreciate the maritime tradition and right of anchorage it appears things are going more our way, Huray !

So, no more excuses- cast off the docklines and come to florida !
See you on the water.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook