SailNet Community - View Single Post - Adler barbour refrigeration conversion
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009
Old Fart

DwayneSpeer is on a distinguished road
AB Cool Machine

I have no experience with that particular unit but have used one of the more conventional Cold Machines for many years. The first unit I had was installed by the PO and worked flawlessly for years but finally quit last Spring. After consultation with the factory they told me that the problem with it was probably the control board and there were two versions an inexpensive one and a not so inexpensive one. Since the unit I had was at least 12 years old since that was how long I've had the boat I elected to buy a new one. I did and installation was a breeze.

As far as the unit you have chosen, the only thing I would worry about would be carrying off the heat from the compressor. That is the critical part of the whole operation. If the compartment you will install it in is well ventilated, go for it. If not you may want to install a separate ventilation fan in that area. I did for my installation and it has made the unit more efficient. There is even an output in the control hookup for a separate fan.

Overall Alder Barbour makes a quality product and I have no problem recommending in to anyone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, can one of you guys pass me a crab?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook