SailNet Community - View Single Post - CS27 Specific issue to look for?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009
1977 CS27 ~ Ravat

cghubbell is on a distinguished road
Thanks!

Sounds like exactly what my research has dug up in terms of issues. Glad to hear I'm on the right track. I have no illusions about a boat of this age being perfect, but I have a lot of ambition for the potential it holds after a few years of slow-but-steady resuscitation. I want to have the experience of working on the boat to learn more about it.

As far as the engine goes, all I know is that it has an 8hp Yanmar diesel. Not sure about the specific model. I'll get that information tomorrow. I'm counting myself lucky that it has an inboard. Lots of boats under 30' I've seen had outboards, and that's not my preference at all.

The boat has a recent survey according to the current owner, so I'm hoping that will suffice. Will do it again if necessary, but on a boat in the price range I'm looking at a survey is a chunk of change that could go into repairs. I'd do it in a second if I had doubts, but if all looks well it would be tempting to accept some risk. The boat is in the water, and still used regularly, so the owner is confident in it at the moment.

I'm sure I'll be posting some more questions after my initial survey tomorrow, but thanks for helping to get me ready!

-Chris
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook