SailNet Community - View Single Post - How to anchor with "stern-tie" single handed
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009
overdue at Sans Souci

Diva27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
In many stern tie situations there are other boats around. I would not be adverse to asking help. Help has been offered, and accepted, by me before.

Jack
Best advice by far. Ask for help! I was in a busy anchorage on Georgian Bay (Great Lakes) last week and all of us typically popped our heads up like prairie dogs in the cockpit whenever somebody new wandered in and showed signs of wanting to drop an anchor right on our own. A little more communication and cooperation in any anchorage would be a big improvement.
BTW, anyone understand why some powerboats come into an anchorage, drop the hook, and then start hard reversing, ploughing up the bottom while husband and wife yell at each other, then retract said anchor and motor away? Is there some satanic manual out there advising this for getting the anchor to "set"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is better to be vaguely correct than specifically wrong.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook