SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catalina Capri 26
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009

jvpapas is on a distinguished road
Capri 26

A month ago I too acquired a 1992 C26 hull #206.
Very clean boat with 120 hours on the M12 diesel. I am very fussy, and all has to be perfect. I did a lot of research. I was suprised to see the boat being equiped with Patay cockpit pump. I got in touch with Patay in the UK and had them send me service kit for the pump.
I have been battling wiht a number of issues mainly water leaks.
The Beckson ports on the galley and head are problematic, they do not have the rain drain, thus water tends to accumulate in the spigot which eventually leaks in.
I have rebedded both and ordered new gaskets and screens.
Let's see whether they will stop leaking other wise I will repalce them with Bomar 2000 series ports.
I also rebedded the Bomar hatch, have to change the mushroom caps as well.
Also there has been water accumulation in the floor of the hanging closet. I think the issue there is that the exhaust fitting is lose and when the engine is running the is some water in take. I will wait till the boat comes out of the water and then I will address it.
I have had enough with the leaks, unforutnatly I have found an added leak, from the mast plate. Perhaps the electical connections are not caulked water was accumulating at the base of the mast post. I hope to address this as well.

I love the boat however a bit disappointed at the workmanship. I was not impressed to see the head being held with 2 inch screws. With the leaky ports in the head, the floor got soaked and the screws are no longer firm.
I had the head bolted to the floor with plates holding underneath.
I had to rebed the Bomar hatch as well.
The boat came with a CDI furling unit, I will see how it is and I might repalce it next year. i also need a bimini and a winter cover.

My previous boat I had a Jeanneau.

Best Jim
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook