SailNet Community - View Single Post - Free Delivery
Thread: Free Delivery
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009

oceanscapt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to oceanscapt
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmith409 View Post
I will deliver your vessel from Florida and surrounding areas to New England area (either way) free of charge. You only pay expenses. I have travelled the ICW many times as well as outside. I have an extensive resume and many references. Email me at tonysmith101@mac.com
Many insurance companies are requiring "competent crew" in order to provide coverage for a passage. "Competent crew" can mean a lot but generally it means sufficient crew to provide a safe passage. Many insurance agencies are now requiring a licensed captain as well.

There are many highly regarded non-licensed crewmembers out there and a number of poorly regarded licensed captains as well. It sounds like the original poster has lots of experience and probably would make good crew.

It might have been better if he'd posted "crew" rather than "deliver".

Oh, on my license it says "upon oceans", something I worked very hard for. That means I can take any boat up to 500-tons anywhere in the world without regard to safe port restrictions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook