SailNet Community - View Single Post - What about long hair?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dongreerps View Post
The multiple reports from ladies with long long hair raise a point of needed education. The surgical literature contains multiple reports of female workers getting long hair caught in power equipment. (Usually lathes or drill presses) The hair gets wrapped up in the shaft, and rips the scalp off the head. I can envisiom the same thing happening in an uncontrolled tack or jibe with hair getting tangled up in sheets flying off the winch, etc. We all know not to get fingers caught under lines on winches. Please also think about not getting long hair caught in lines.
you are obviously not a lady with long hair-sounds kind of like a sexist comment rather than a legitimate suggestion regarding hair care.-i have had long hair in hospitals and on board boats forever--i refuse to cut my hair because some one is such a control freak that they have to insist on short hair for cruising. there is no reason for that--takes me 1 1/2 gal for shower with hair wash--i use a leave in conditioner and usually wear my hair pulled up into a pony tail or clip it up into a bun on my head for sailing. washing in salt water and then using 1 qt of fresh water to rinse is also a very good way to clean it..then a leave in conditioner. having long hair isnt a detriment. those who think that hair is gonna get caught in winches and in lines etc really donot know much about long hair and the females who wear it. or how to take proper care of hair. could be also a control issue and is in need of re-teaching.....LOL....think about it---buns and hair rolls and pony tails and braids have been in use for wearers of long hair for many centuries---isnt like re inventing the wheel or anything!!!!

by the way--JOY and DAWN are two entirely different soaps. joy is joy around the world. dawn is dawn around the world.....joy works in sea water. dawn sorta does--but not nearly as well.

Last edited by zeehag; 08-11-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: boatkat isnt a gud speeler
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook