SailNet Community - View Single Post - A Week of Sailing in the San Juan Islands (2009)
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009

Jim H is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by casioqv View Post
My favorite part (as a kid) was motoring around in the bay of Sucia Island on my rubber raft- catching dogfish, playing in tidal pools, and hiking on the Island.

What was the best part of your trip?
My kids would be jealous of the time you had to play. We tend to spend no more than two nights in one place, and the would prefer to spend the week at one or two islands.

There were many best parts. In Rosario, a guy turned on the underwater lights on his boat, and our kids could see fish, plankton, eels, and jellyfish all doing their nocturnal things.

My son was very proud to catch the four rock crabs for us to eat.

Maybe the best was when we were ghosting along in San Juan Channel with the wind, and a Dall porpoise came and jumped out of the water at the stern and bow of our boat. Sailors are supposed to like that sort of thing, and we certainly did.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aurora, a mighty Cal 20 (Portland, OR)
Southern Rival, a seasoned Rival 34 (Gosport, UK)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook