SailNet Community - View Single Post - How to Get into this... single handed?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Run a line that's just like a preventer, from the cockpit to the bow and then outside everything back to near the cockpit (instead of onto the boom like when it's used as a preventer). Put a loop at the end of the line, using a bowline or splice or anything.

Then as you approach the slip, loop the line on a cleat without leaving the cockpit and pull in the slack. Taa-daa! You have a spring line in place. Keep a little power on with port rudder to force your boat up against the dock.

Haven't tried this myself. I'm thinking about something similar for picking up a mooring single-handed. Haven't tried that yet either, by the way.

Regards

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .
. .
. .
. .
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook