SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchor light w/photodiode opinions/options, battery draw
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarcher View Post
I only have a single 90 AHr house battery. I figure turning off a light that is not needed never hurts.

Yup I would be afraid to turn much of anything on especially if you are sailing off the hook or live on a mooring.

90ah to 50% depth of discharge (max draw down) = 45 usable amp hours. If on the hook or charging using only an alternator figure you'll only ever get back to roughly 80% of that 90ah capacity. So you now have only 72 ah's total available leaving you only 22 usable ah's before you hit a 50% depth of discharge. A 22 ah bank is barely enough to be safe if you needed your running lights. Of course you can always go below 50% DOD but you'll be shortenting the battery life..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook