SailNet Community - View Single Post - Raymarine E120 Problems
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by looptight View Post
I have the same problem with my 2 -- e 120 units it seems the more I dim the units at night the the more they shut down then come back on --- brighter then back to where they were. I tested my power at the fuse bar at the units and the voltage was low. Tomorrow installing new larger wire to fuse bar direct from battery lead. I will let you know what happens.
Rick
Lagoon 440
That is a bad battery indication. E-120s operate on about 11.5 avg for optimum+ perf. The display unit itself will do exactly that when the batts are less than the voltage.. You can however make the seatalk network display instrument data without the display (they run on about 8 volts when needed). For displays when Raymarine states 12 - 24V - they mean it. A bad battery will supply the amps (short term) but necessarily the not voltage you are looking for..

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook