SailNet Community - View Single Post - Marine Grade Plywood?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005

dman is on a distinguished road
Marine Grade Plywood?

Vastbinder you are all over the map here and on previous posts.You have decided on just about every hull shape and construction there is,but you can only have 1 on 1 boat.There has been alot of discussion on materials and that information is dead on.The most important piece of information that you heard is Jeff-H "there are a lot of very good boats out there for a lot less than $10,000" Go and scribe this quote on your bedroom door so you will see it most every day.If you are worried about the price of plywood you better look at the bedroom door.EX.30 footPearson,diesel,a1 sails,good selection,roller furling.......Needed about 10 hours of deck work and a little fiberglass reinforcement (chainplates,rudder tube)6500 dollars and I still have it because I just do not want to sell it.My advice Go buy a boat and go sailing.You build boats when,You have too much money,too much time,and when you have too much money you get someone else to build it,and when you have too much time you go sailing.If you have a passion for building boats get a job at a boatyard,you will get paid real money and you will not be broke at payday.I know this sounds funny but don`t laugh.I am starting to sound negative on every post!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook