SailNet Community - View Single Post - Upgrades to a Yacht you are selling
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009

Undine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiente View Post
I think I'd rather see no autopilot at all than a buggy antique.

If you want to keep it another year, get something new and basic, and enjoy the use of it until a fresh attempt to sell.

If not, pull it out. When we bought the boat we are equipping to cruise, we appreciated that while there was a lot to do, there wasn't a lot of outdated/post-functional crap to undo.
I agree. When we were looking we found the difference between a boat at the bottom of our price range and the top was usually the OWNER'S view of the value of the electronics. Most were asking what they paid for, and the stuff was at least 3 years old. That makes it obsolete in the eyes of my geek hubby.

We bought at the low end and he will happily spend the difference filling the boat with his choice of goodies. (And probably then some )

Another comment. Most of the boats we looked at were either neglected looking or had been torn apart for repairs which were not finished. Neither was an encouragement to purchase, especially at top dollar. In the end we chose a boat which reflected its age and was obviously being used by a caring but poor owner. It will need some work and a few $$, but will be OUR boat!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook