SailNet Community - View Single Post - Marine Grade Plywood?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Marine Grade Plywood?

Dman, In fairness to Vastbinder,he seems to be sorting through this process in a very directed way. While I do not agree with many of his conclusions, I do think that he taking advise, weighing it and either accepting it or coming up with a basis for rejecting it. My reaction like yours makes sense when viewed with a preference toward getting out on the water quickly in a boatthat sails well. Vastbinder seems to have a different set of goals which very much values the design and construction process.

In my experience, he is not alone when he says that he enjoys the idea of building a boat as much as he does sailing it. I have helped a number of people through boat building projects who knew less about sailing than Vastbinder. I have taught some of these people how to rig and sail the boats they built. I don''t think that what he is saying is inherently wrong even if it is a different thought process than you or I might chose for ourselves.

Vastbinder, I was wondering whether you are thinking about actually designing this boat yourself or selecting an existing design to build?

Respectfully,
Jeff
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook