SailNet Community - View Single Post - Apprehensive Newbie
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
i have lived on board since 1990--all sized of boats and some power ones as well as sailing ones--lol--i cook on board just like i did on land in apartments lol---i use propane and sometimes i even have an oven LOL....put into your galley that with which you personally are comfortable so you continue to enjoy the boat and cooking on it.....there is nothing magic about boats galleys---if you arent comfy in your own kitchen, then you wont like the boat----when on a long passage, finger foods are great if you cannot cook because the weather is active--LOL--make sure the stove has the boat pot holder devices made to keep the pots and pans on the stove top..LOL--nothing works well without those--and make sure it is gimballed so it moves properly in the seas an doesnt splash you....a cutting board over the sink is a good thing--there is never enough room in a boats galley for proper cooking--must augment and become imaginative---LOL--have fun....i have even made bread in my galleys...is easy--is just like a land home--and i donot live on land ....i live on my boat full time and cruise....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook