SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lightning Strike WOW!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
iwholeheartedly and firmly believe in th epotential anti zap kat hat----as kats have never been known to be hit by lightning, and that the longest lightning rod is spozedly spozed to get the jolt first, i figger i have a kat on board--he has 9 lives left to go--plus the 9 left for the hat after his demise---sooooooooooooooo------the only answer to why wed didnt get hit by lightning when we were out trying to get into apalachicola during a bunch of big bad lightning storms, thru which we ended up sailing for 2 -3 days--gawd only knows why we didnt take a hit--i figger it must have been because there was a kat on board and there are no recorded events of lightning striking any kats----lol---makes no sense but makes as much sense as anything else regarding lightning----i hid UNDER the kat for the duration of the time i was not at helm----woohooo--we made it ....miracle!!!!

Last edited by zeehag; 08-16-2009 at 05:43 PM. Reason: boatkat isunt a gud speeler and thinks sexxyterrier is a doggie
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook