SailNet Community - View Single Post - Big Freakin' Sails
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
dont have any pix--we were sailing not tooo long ago in the w fla gulf off ft myers and got caught in thunderstorms---went back---then next dsy went out to marco island---the day after we got t o marco island, we set out again--this time for louseyanny----aiming at ponchartrain--via harbor hops--started out nice---clear with some nice simpsons clouds----at night thise decided to become lightning storms--so for the 3 days we were sailing at night, we had some wild rides to make mr toad feel some slime inn his pants----was a gas----we sailed a seidelman 37 at approx 8 kts continuously with gusts making our --per gps--speed up to 10--and that is with reefed main and jib...LOL--wooohooo---did this for 3 nites--into appalachicola we found the rain stopped but the lightning didnt nor did the wind----woohooo---we surfed into appalachicola bay with 6 footers sliding us in---i know the west coast doesnt care about 6 footers--i am from there--so i didnt wake up--my friend, whose boat it is--was impressed--i slept thru that part--kat slept on top of me---he was a bit scared --lol--doesnt like lightning---was fun----now we are gonna go out in some goood gulf weather for another few days to weeks of fun and games--play hide n seek with ma nature and her friends ---- possibly find some more bfs in store----LOL

Last edited by zeehag; 08-18-2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: boatkat thinks sexyterrier is a dawg lol--cannot typo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook