SailNet Community - View Single Post - Who''s living on what??
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005

FalconEddie is on a distinguished road
Who''''s living on what??

Ah, yes, if only it were that simple. Here I sit aboard my dream boat, in Cortez, on the Intercoastal Waterway just south of Tampa Bay. Just a few short days ago, while watching a perfect sunset and reveling in the perfect temperatures and idyllic waterfront lifestyle, I couldn''t imagine a better way to live.

Then a tropical depression raced past and pasted the crap out of the panhandle and Mobile Bay area. Then a hurricane jumped up and started heading right up the same path as Charley from last year. Then they said it was going on the same track as Ivan, or Jeanne. I forget. We had so many hurricanes last year they don''t even have to go back any further to find a example of death hell and destruction.

I''m siting here right now preparing for a possible wild ride from the hurricane, while the news talks about how many we could have this year, and how we might be in this pattern for up to twenty years.

Suddenly, a nice concrete camp in the mountains of New Hampshire seems like a better place to be. Anybody wanna buy a nice boat? Act fast or it could be a fixer-upper.

Hawkeye
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook