SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fresh-water pump issues
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009
Beneteau 473

PolarisOne is on a distinguished road
Fresh-water pump issues

I am dealing with a frustrating electical issue related to my fresh water pump. This is on a Beneteau 473 with a Shurflow smart sensor 5.7 gph pump.

Earlier this season the pump started running on after any of the taps were shut off (two seasons on new pump)....it got worse and worse and after cleaning the pump and isolating the outflow hose and making sure I didn't have a leak somewhere in the system and getting really tired of having to turn the water pressure circuit breaker on every time I used the pressure water, I bought a new pump and everything seemed perfect until I used the shower in the forward head. Using water in any of the sinks was without problem, but using the shower the breaker would pop.....I changed the breaker and checked the power lead to the pump....no change, the breaker still pops repeatedly....I run the water at the sinks and it works fine without tripping the switch/breaker. Does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions? Very strange. I guess the shower water flow is higher than for the sinks, but it doesn't show a higher draw when the shower is on..on the link battery monitor.

Thanks, John
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook