SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hinterhoeller HR28 - 1967
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009

OnAWhim67 is on a distinguished road
HR 28 Hull #54

Hello all,
I have a few pics of On A Whim I could share if you're getting your site up. I was thinking...if the boat they talked about had a lot of custom work done it may indeed have been cast earlier than mine but registered later. The hull number is when the cast it at the factory I would think...not the date its done and registered. I'm running a 2008 Yamaha 9.9 4 stroke high thrust in mine. It sits in the well and I do have problems with growth and need to pull it from time to time. The new 9.9 has electric tilt and I've pondered cutting a notch in the back so I can trim the prop out of the water, but am not sure what that would do for the integrity. In the Chesapeake growth occurs in a few months no matter how much I antifoul it. The soft paint works well on the hull, but the outboard always seems to get crusty. I think I'm close to 5 posts so I can probably put some pics up soon. I'm sitting in Fells Point in downtown Baltimore. Fall cruises down the Chesapeake are wonderful, although this August heat and humidity make it a chore this time of year. Looking forward to seeing your site...i wonder if you can get a list of people from the previous site to come aboard.

Bob
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook