SailNet Community - View Single Post - What boat is this?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009

STORFIDRA is on a distinguished road
Faster is definitely correct the boat at the bottom of his link is the Storfidra NOT the top one. The top one has definite similarities but NOT the same.
This was built in Sweden Grey decks = WARM BELOWDECKS in Sweden
I have a Storfidre I have owned since the late seventies. It sunk and was stripped in the hurricanes. It is floating IN A MARINA ON A RIVER IN lAUDERDALE but NO MAST NO RIGGING NO ENGINE AND IS PARTIALLY FULL OF WATER FROM RAIN
YES I KNOW THIS IS VERY SAD AND I HATE IT TOO.
I AM 61 YEARS OLD AND MUST FINALLY ADMIT I WILL NEVER REBUILD IT AGAIN
I SINGLEHANDED BOAT FROM VIRGINIA IN 81 AND HAVE BEEN ALL THROUGH THE KEYS ETC. WITH IT
This is NOT for the weak or the POOR but the
boat is VERY CHEAP to someone who can prove they can pay the slip rent (auto debit from your credit card)
I HAVE BEEN PAYING SLIP RENT OF $300.00 A MONTH
FOR ANOTHER $100.00 + (when available) the marina will haul it and set it up for work on land.
It was once a BEAUTIFUL boat that I spent a fortune on maintaining. It now has NO mast OR STANDING RIGGING (hurricane LONG story) BUT mast and rigging avail NEW from Per Selden in Sweden (OFFICE IN us ALSO Google Per Selden and call last quote I got was about 8-9K not installed mast and rigging.
old engine was volvo replaced with BMW 12hp engine now gone not in boat. Basic hull and (once clean) TEAK interior intact STANDING HEADROOM BELOW DECK!!
BOTTOM LINE: Prove you will give it a good home and restore it and I will virtually give it away.
these are VERY RARE boats and truly not appreciated by most Americans due to deep draft (6ft.!) heavy keels etc.
I guess it is like a classic car you find in a barn that has to be restored; you have to do it a lot out of love not for money (or you cannot afford a restored one)
TRULY a great boat like NO OTHER in it's size class SEAWORTHY BOAT for 25 ft.
It WAS Coast Guard documented (expired) when I owned it. NOW title will be by bill of sale and if you want to redocument or whatever that is your expense Title is clean NO LIENS.
GOOGLE "Storfidra" and you will find one that just sold for 20,500 EUROS!!! (in perfect shape) and click images and you find many pictures you will have to translate virtually every link from Google There are only a FEW (10 or less) in US that I know of.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook