Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 12
Can we back up a minute before beginning recommendations?
The Alerion Express 38's new come with gelled house batteries, I believe.
PPrimont: could you please give us some more precise details on your setup?
1. Type of house batteries and AH capacity (I'd be surprised if AE put a 200AH and a 100AH gel battery together for the house bank);
2. Type of start battery and AH capacity (is it really 200AH? sounds like overkill. Is it flooded? AGM? Gelled?);
3. Type of regulator on the alternator (internal or external?);
4. Type, model and capacity of battery charger?
5. How are these wired to the battery switch(es)?
These details are important before one can be reasonably sure of what's going on and/or where to look.