SailNet Community - View Single Post - where to start???
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
Smack where did you come up with the Endeavour 43 is a great boat? We had two Endeavours of this period in my family. They were questionable designs of mediocre build quality aimed at being disposable charter boats.
Every Endeavour owner that was trying to sell me his boat swore by them! I definitely now stand corrected, though.

I was honed in on them pretty hard while looking for a "tough", "heavy", double-cabin center cockpit (coastal cruiser) this past year. I read a lot about tank problems, etc. - but had seen several "generally" good reviews while poking around for this type of cruiser in our budget.

Here's an example of a positive review I ran across.

Anyway, thanks for clearing it up. I definitely trust your judgement over those other punks. And I'll forthwith stop dispensing sailboat design opinions.

Now I've got some nasty phone calls to make!

PS - In the criteria above (i.e. - 2-cabin CC "tank" - would you choose a Morgan or Gulfstar over the Endeavour? Something else?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 08-24-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook