SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVIs over USVIs?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009
Capt Rich

Dzedzej is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Bill,

We have lived in the Abacos and the Virgins, and run a charter company...not an ad. The Abacos are great, better snorkeling and beaches. The Virgins have better sailing, cheaper flights and cheaper supplies. It is a toss up to us, if this is your first time bareboating I would do the virgins, as there is a lot more water to cover. The Abacos are very laided back but you will have a good time in either. Once you decide, post and we can let you know some of the better places to stop. I would not worry about weather in June of July but buy the trip insurance.

Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by montenido View Post
Hi all, this is my second post in this category and I want to hear your opinions. Are the BVIs superior to the USVIs for bareboating? There certainly seems to be more activity associated with the BVIs. Can somebody out there tell me why one might be better than the other?

BTW, I am leaning towards the BVIs over Belize and the Abacos. If I go in late June 2010, do I run a good chance of rough weather? (hurricanes, depressions, etc.?), or is it all random?

Thanks, Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rich

Richard Dzedzej
S/V Sea Devil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook