Hello all and let me say thank you in advance to anyone who responds to my post. I recently completed a learn to sail course in Newport RI and I am hooked! I am now in the process of looking for my first boat so I can get back onto the water ASAP. All of my on water experience so far has been on a J/22. I am looking for a cheep forgiving beginners boat that will allow me to sail up and down Narragansett bay and when I feel experienced enough head on over to Block island or Marthas vineyard. Ideally I would also like to be able to spend a night or two on it as well. I will be the only one with sailing experience on the boat so it should be something I can handle with minimal help from my "crew"
This posting on craigslist has caught my eye
"The boat being sold is a 1968 Pearson 22 (Hull Number 107). She is a full keel (3.2' draft) sloop with a compliment of sails. The sail inventory includes a mainsail, storm jib
, 130 genoa, and a spinnaker
. All sails are in good condition. The spinnaker
halyard was replaced last year and all other halyards are in good condition. I have included a link with more information about the Pearson below along with three pictures. I am asking $900 or best reasonable offer. Please note, the Pearson is being sold "as is where is" and without the outboard motor. If you have any additional questions, shoot me an email and I will respond. Thanks for looking."
I have been corresponding back and forth with the poster and he is able to let it go for 750$. Condition wise the owner stated "There is some crazing to the gelcoat on the upper deck. *There is also a softspot on the cabin top. *I have already replaced the keel bolts and installed new zincs. *The standing rigging
and the running rigging
are both in good condition. *I have also touched up the bootstripe. The interior is in good condition. *I replaced the battery selector switch last year. *The light fixtures seem to be a bit frozen (perhaps they could be loosened?). *There are no interior cushions. *There is a toilet which currently pumps
I would need to find a mooring for her as there is no trailer. Is it possible to get a mooring for the rest of this season? Not sure if now is the best time to buy or if I am better off waiting till the fall and sailing next spring?